1. The anniversary of a birth.
2. The day of a person’s birth.
3. A day marking or commemorating the origin, founding, or beginning of something.
4. The festivities or celebration marking such a day or anniversary.
Last night I thought I’d make this a weekly thing instead of daily thing: Word of the Week. 26 weeks of alphabetical goodness. And then stupid Heather dared to live another year.
So now, because of her, I have to do this every stinking day. It just wouldn’t be right to stop after day two.
Here’s to you, Heather.
On your birthday, here’s to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking.
If you cheat, may you cheat death.
If you steal, may you steal a man’s heart.
If you fight, may you fight for a friend.
And if you drink, may you drink with me.
-  “birthday.” Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc. 21 Jul. 2010. ↩