Cara has been bugging me for the past couple of weeks to buy her a new “chapter book” and somehow we’ve never made it to the bookstore. I’m sure part of the reason [a large part] is I didn’t want to deal with Cara and Ollie running round like chickens with their heads cut off.
That probably wasn’t the smartest way to word the kids running round the book store considering this is a review and giveaway about chickens…
Percy the Perfectly Imperfect Chicken starts with a fluffy chick being scrutinized by some rather judgmental chickens. Their goal is to make sure every chicken is perfect and just like everyone else. 
Poor Percy looks like he just might pass until the hens see some red spots where there should be brown. Percy is hidden away by his mother until he gets older.
That’s about as far as I’m going to go with it since anymore would give away the ending and even though this is a little kid’s book, I don’t want to ruin it for you.
It’s quickly become one of those books you have to read over and over and over and you’ve read it so many times you don’t even need to open the book because you know all of the words but your kids make you open the book anyway so they can look at the pictures.
Not that you’ve ever had to do that or anything.
Buy the book cause Cara and Ollie and I liked it. Better yet, buy the book by using this handy Amazon Affiliate Link –>Percy the Perfectly Imperfect Chicken.
For this giveaway, I have a brand new copy of Percy the Perfectly Imperfect Chicken for one lucky winner.Easy peasy lemon squeezy giveaway since I’m feeling a bit guilty what with the whole “headless chicken” comment.
U.S. residents only, sorry y’all.
Here’s how to enter to win:
- Leave me a comment below saying you entered. Word it anyway you want just make sure you fill in all the required info and put something in the comments section.
- Post this contest to Facebook and leave me a second comment letting me know you did.
- Post to Twitter and leave a comment with the link to said tweet. [Suggested tweet but use whatever you want: I just entered @tastelikecrazy ‘s Percy the Perfectly Imperfect Chicken book giveaway. You can win too! http://ow.ly/2BrNB Click on this link to figure out how to post Twitter tweet links.
- Write something on your blog/website/forum about this giveaway and link back to this post. I should get a trackback letting me know but that might not happen. Leave a comment with the link is the best chance of me seeing the link.
- Make a YouTube video linking to this post about how amazing my review is and how much you really want to win this book. <–I’m joking about this one but if you do it, I’ll give you five entries.
So. Let’s tally this up, shall we?
You MUST leave a comment of some sort. Everything else is completely optional.
I’ll keep comments open until the 16th at 10am. I’ll then select the winner randomly via Random.org and post the result here. The winner has seven days to contact me – including weekends – and if I don’t hear from them, I’ll draw again.
Let the commenting commence!
Edited on 9.16.2010 to add winner:
Don’t forget to enter the Perdue full value coupon giveaway which ends on the 22nd of September.