My mind is pretty much blank today but I figured if I started typing then maybe something would come of it.
I guess a bit of house keeping or something is in order first.
One of the first “new blogger” tips you always read is: Have one topic for your blog and stick to it.
As you well know, I’m not great with the focus so in the near future – hopefully by the end of the month – you’ll be able to subscribe to everything that I write or to only certain categories. I may not be great at focus but now you can do that yourself. Some posts might be in more than one category but for the most part, you’ll be able to pick and choose what you want to read.
- Blatant Opinion is for politics and general bitching. Basically stuff that has nowhere else to live. Current events stuff that can’t be tied into normal life will also live here.
- Books, Book Reviews and Fiction is for books I’ve read or am reading and I want to talk about, reviews of books [with or without a giveaway] and fiction I might write.
- Family, Friends, Kids and Pets is for everything pertaining to our family. Conversations between Tucker and me. Goofy things the kids have done. Trips. You get the idea.
- Food and Drink is for food recipes and drink recipes. If I get food and/or alcohol to review, that review will be put in this category.
- Mental Health is a duh category. If it’s depression, ADD or anything like that then you’re going to find it here.
- Reviews and Giveaways is pretty self-explanatory. There’s a chance for some bleed over if the review/giveaway is book or food/alcohol related but I don’t figure that’ll be a huge deal to anyone. One of the main reasons for having this separate category is so I can kill BlogHer ads on stuff that’s worth more than $40.
- Technology, Video Games and Videos is another one that’s self-explanatory. Any post that contains a video is going to get tossed in this category along with wherever it should really live like a video of the kids or the dog. Anytime I talk about video games or gadgets or stuff like that, it will also go in this category.
- Word of the Day is going to remain it’s own category and the odd post out of the Word of the Day pot might end up being categorized in another category.
I’m hoping by Monday to jump back on the Word of the Day wagon.
So that’s what’s up with me. Guess I had more to say than I thought.
And as always, this animated gif brought to you by pure randomness.