Cara’s four now. Officially a year older and I just realized I haven’t said a thing about it.
Granted, things have been crazy around here – more crazy than usual – but her birthday just flew right on by me. We had a party and cake and presents but I forgot to post about it and EVERYONE knows if it’s not on your blog then it never happened.
What does four look like on Cara?
- She now puts her hands on her hips and cops an attitude that makes me fear the next 14 years.
- She walks into the living room every morning and hollers at the top of her lungs, “I WANT MY BREAKFAST!” Sometimes I’m already awake. Sometimes I’m not.
- Being “line leader” is her new thing. Not sure where she picked this up but the compulsion doesn’t seem to be leaving anytime soon.
- Monsters have become weekly visitors to her dreams. I tried to get her to tell the monsters that I’d beat the tar out of them if they didn’t leave her alone and that Sophie’s favorite snack is monsters. Not sure if that worked.
- She’s started telling me she doesn’t want to go to school and that she wants to, “learn at home with [her] family.” I suspect it has nothing to do with learning with her family and everything to do with her being nervous.
- She still tells me she wants to be fat like me but she’s also started to get a grasp on some of the basics of nutrition and with that, she’s started being more adventurous with the foods she’ll try.
- She’s in a booster seat now – she has been for a while but I figured I’d better write it down.
- Rapunzel is her new favorite character though any princess will do in a pinch. However, I suspect Hello Kitty will never quite be displaced from her heart.
I know there’s more I’m forgetting and I also know I’m going to come back to this in a year and remember all kinds of stuff but this is what I’ve got at the moment.
Of course I have pictures. What birthday post would be complete without pictures?
-  Sarcasm, folks. Sarcasm. ↩