I have managed to write about pretty much nothing for the past few days because writing anything that actually MEANS something just makes me tired. Like that sentence. I’m not even going to go back and read it because it was THAT much of a pain in the ass to construct.
Instead of slogging my way through multiple posts where the take-away would be, “That sucked.” Or maybe a, “And so there’s that.” Or even a possible, “Yay!” I’m going to make a list. And on a side-but-not-random-note, if you know how to correctly punctuate the sentence that’s in blue, I would appreciate you leaving it in the comments section.
Recent Happenings I Probably Haven’t Mentioned Because I’m Lazy and Suck
- Tucker got into the University of Alabama’s EMBA program. Roll Tide.
- Oliver has potty trained himself. I don’t remember the last time he wore a diaper. Ah, the power of super hero undies.
- While I was at Blissdom, I found out my ex-stepfather had been found dead in the house where I grew up. Apparently he had been there for a while and it was a grisly sight. I try not to think about it too much.
- Cara has become obsessed with Tangled.
- We got a HUGE, AWESOME, OMG!!!! TV; I haven’t named it yet.
- I lost my grandma’s necklace when I was at Blissdom. I kind of want to gouge out the eyes of whoever picked it up and didn’t turn it into the hotel folks.
- I wanna go to E3 with Kmart but you already knew that but I wanted to mention it so you wouldn’t forget and maybe you’d go comment so Kmart sees people like me and stuff and they should choose me.
- Heather sent this to me and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than the fact I want the cat and I giggle at the video but I’m not willing to make an entire post just for it.
- Tucker’s losing his job because the contract isn’t being renewed. A bunch of other folks are going through the same thing and it’s not like Tucker did anything wrong; he got them a lot of money so he actually rocked that shit. So that’s what this was about.
- I didn’t even place in Writer’s Digest’s Short Story Competition. I’m not used to not being good at something. This blows.
- I tweeted this earlier because of the cat video and it made me laugh…cause at least I think I’m funny and sometimes the kids laugh at me.
- And talking about Tucker–though I wasn’t really talking about him but thinking about him because of this song–I’m going to invoke Ben Folds again and you can roll your eyes all you want but he’s one cool cat. Feel free to go read/watch this post and comment and be amazed at the great Ben Folds. The Luckiest always makes me think about Tucker.
I don’t get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know
That I am
- I have a copy of Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Weezer to review and two copies of any of the Rockabye Baby! albums to give away. Hopefully I’ll have that up later today.
- I just heard a Taco Bell commercial on Pandora where they were citing how much beef is in their tacos. That is funny, I don’t care who you are.