We’re starting back eating from the diabetic cookbook I got a coon’s age ago and last night’s meal was Smokin’ Turkey Sandwiches.
What made the sandwich a better than normal sandwich was the bread was a french-style bread that was toasted and a spicy mayo–hence the name of the sandwich.
Since I’ve never been known to leave well enough alone, I took off on a tangent with the mayo.
The original recipe called for 1/4 cup of reduced fat mayo, 2 tsp of chipotles in adobo sauce and a clove of garlic all swirled around in a food processor.
Here’s MY take on it:
- 1/2 cup of reduced fat mayo
- 2 chipotles with adobo sauce
- A sprinkle of kosher salt
- A clove of garlic smooshed
- Several of my oven dried tomatoes
- A clove of the roasted garlic from the oven dried tomato recipe.
- Take either a food processor or a hand mixer and swirl it all together until it’s pretty smooth.
- Toast some french bread that’s been sprinkled with some mixed shredded cheese and toast in a 350° oven until the cheese melts. Spread the spicy mayo on one of the slices, add a couple of slices of onion and some field greens.
- Put it all together, slice it in half and make sure you take pictures so you can put it on your blog.
- Eat the sandwich cause it’s hella yummie and make sure you have a drink handy since the heat’s gonna take you by surprise.