One of the many things I stressed about as I was preparing myself for Cara to start kindergarten was breakfast.
I wanted her to eat something more than sugary cereal–which I worried wouldn’t keep her full–but I didn’t want to have to wake up any earlier than absolutely necessary. Enter make ahead and freeze breakfast stuff.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 scallions, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat eggs and 1/2 and 1/2 until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon ~1/4 cup of the mixture into each muffin hole. The mixture is going to expand a lot while it’s cooking so make sure you leave some space at the top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Freeze in a single layer in a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Warm frozen quiches for ~ 2 minutes in the microwave.