Perfect Pork Chops with Red Wine and Mushrooms
Absolutely the best pork chops you'll ever eat. Easy, too. Can't beat best and easy with a stick!
Write a review
- 4 center cut pork chops
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup meat stock
- ½ cup Pinot Noir–any other dry red will work
- 4 cloves of garlic, smushed into oblivion
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 3 Tb butter
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- bay leaf
- Turn your oven on to 425 degrees.
- Salt and pepper both sides of your pork chops.
- In an OVEN SAFE skillet, brown both sides of the pork chops in a bit of olive oil. Make sure you don’t crowd the pan or you’ll end up with a liquidy mess and no browning. Don’t worry about cooking them through; you’re going for color, not doneness.
- Remove the chops to a plate and tent with aluminum foil.
- Add 2 Tb of butter to the pan and then your mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until they’re golden brown.
- Add the smushed garlic and ground ginger and cook for about 30 seconds or until you can smell the garlic.
- Pour in the meat stock and wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon until the bottom of the pan is clean.
- Nestle in your pork chops and place in the oven–uncovered–for 45 minutes.
- Once time is up, use a thermometer to make sure the temperature of the meat is at least 145 degrees. I know! I didn’t say 160!
- Remove the pork back to its plate and put the pan on the stove over high heat.
- Add your bay leaf and let the liquid reduce by about ½.
- Add a Tb of butter to the pan to finish the sauce and remove the bay leaf.
- Here are the new pork cooking temps: stop overcooking your pork!
Taste Like Crazy http://tastelikecrazy.com/