Dr. Who Shirts I Lust After

Filed Under: Gifs, Tech/Videos/Video Games

We’ve finally started watching Dr. Who after a hiatus that lasted several months. A couple of episodes were just “off” and the thrill was gone. Or something.

Am I the only one who thinks Rose was the best companion? Tucker doesn’t get why I still pine for Rose.

Martha Jones doesn’t hold a candle to Rose.

Rose Doctor Who Doomsday Gif

This could turn into a whole post about Rose but I’ll restrain myself.

I can’t help but add this:

I'm not crying. It's just raining on my face. Dr. Who animated gif.

I'm not crying. It's just been raining on my face.

Night before last we jumped back on the Dr. Who wagon with the episode Blink. Blink’s where we’re introduced to the Weeping Angels/The Lonely Assassins. Could be the scariest thing I’ve seen in a while and, when you see it, you will NEVER look at stone statues in the same way.

Dr. Who Weeping Angels

It helps me to think of them like this:

Dr. Who Weeping Angels Dance Macerena

I finally GET this shirt:

Dr. Who Keep Calm and Don't Blink Shirt

Then there’s the Nayan/Tardis shirt:

Dr. Who Tardis Nayan Cat Rainbow Shirt

I’m surprised Tucker didn’t buy this last night:

Dr. Who Dalek Shirt Exterminate

And the ever popular:

So, you liked Rose the best, right? I mean, which shirt do you like the best. Yeah…that’s what I meant.

1. thepsychobabble says:

We’ve already watched through Martha, and are into Donna (as far as companions go) and Hunter (the 4yr old) STILL asks when Rose is coming back.¬†

2. MelanieMontheiNelson says:

You are wrong about Rose. Donna rocked. Amelia Pond rocks. Rose? Has a Pez mouth and can’t even say “birthday” — it comes out as “birfday” like she’s two. And OMG with the whiney. ūüėČ

• ¬†@MelanieMontheiNelson¬†I was not a Rose fan until a few episodes before she was gone. She used to bug the piss out of me. I thought her mouth was weird and she whined all the time and her MOM and Mickey needed to be killed. I was overjoyed when he went away. I almost danced. Really.¬†

• ¬†@MelanieMontheiNelson¬†This is for you:¬†http://tastelikecrazy.com/2012/04/13/doctor-who-and-donna-complete-with-gifs/

3. I loved Rose, but I also liked Donna a lot. I prefer Rory over Amy Pond, although she’s not bad. I just can’t get into Matt Smith as The Doctor – I really miss Ten. Really, really miss him. And I agree – the Weeping Angels are terrifying.

• I think Eleven is one of the reasons we slowed down with watching them on Netflix. I just can’t imagine liking Eleven as much as I do Ten. Then again, I said the same for Nine. I still miss him a bit but David Tennant did such a fabulous job that I’m not as sad.¬†

4. bafendo says:

@TheAmyTucker Cool new profile pic!

5. prCarrS says:

The Weeping Angels are the scariest Dr. Who villians ever. Possibly the scariest villians of anyone ever in the creation of villians. Am I even spelling “villians” correctly? I like Rory. I’m on the fence about Amy. Rose was okayish, but I like Donna. And that one whose name I can’t remember…

• ¬†@prCarrS¬†You’re forgetting Captain Jack Harkness! As I said on Facebook in reply to @MelanieMontheiNelson¬†saying the companions weren’t there to “…to fall in love with the doctor.” :¬†¬†I don’t have a problem with there being sexual chemistry between the doctor and his companion. Look at Captain Jack! <–I really want to hump him.

• ¬†@prCarrS¬†¬†@MelanieMontheiNelson¬†I’d love to be able to edit that damn comment and kill the extraneous “to.”¬†

• prCarrS says:

@TheAmyTucker @MelanieMontheiNelson Are you kidding? Captain Jack? Oh, yeah, I love Captain Jack. So stinkin’ hot.

6. JustinAion says:

I am sooooo with you on this.  Harkness was good and fun, but Rose was by far the best of the recent companions.  She provided a foil for the Doctor without the obnoxious annoying tendency of some other companions who will remain nameless.

7. ComfyMom says:

Rose didn’t appeal to me, but companions in love the Doctor never do. I find them annoying but that is probably a carryover from a childhood spent watching Doctors (tom Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker, etc) who had absolutely zero sex appeal. It just seems wrong. My favorite companion is Donna Noble. Not in love with the Doctor, not even particularly impressed with him, they work out a wonderful friendship. Her departure episode is one of the saddest things I have ever seen

• ¬†@ComfyMom¬†The only episode I’ve seen with Donna was the very first one of her when she was getting married. Actually, I think there was one other but I can’t remember the circumstances. At any rate, I thought she was groovy. I did like that she was all, “Who the hell do you think you are and why do you think you’re so special.” I’m looking forward to seeing more of her.¬†

8. CharlesColp says:

I have to disagree and be a typical guy for once, when you watch the girl who waited you will learn to really love amy pond. It and the Wedding of River song were really powerful as was the episode that Neil Gaiman wrote, I do miss Rose after her last episode though and feel that Matt Smith didn’t really fall into the character totally until the christmas special.¬†

• ¬†@CharlesColp¬†We’re in Season Four and about to watch Episode Two: Partners in Crime. SO, I haven’t seen any of Amy Pond other than promo stuff. She’s rather hot, though. Just had to throw that out there.