Grilled Barbecue Clams
- 24 Littleneck clams
- ¼ cup bottled BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill to direct, high heat or heat coals until white and hot.
- While the grill is heating, in a medium-sized bowl, mix together the shallots, red wine vinegar, butter, BBQ, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Shuck clams* open on the half-shell, being careful to keep as much liquid as possible.
- Add a dollop of the reserved sauce to each clam.
- Place the clams on the grill until the BBQ sauce mixture begins to bubble, a maximum of about 2 minutes. Remove from grill and serve with grilled slices of sourdough bread. Serves 4 as an appetizer.
* Chef Laurent Manrique’s tip: An easy way to open clams is to pop them in the microwave, three at a time, for about 11 seconds. The heat shocks the clams and they’ll open slightly making them easiest to shuck with a knife.
The Rosé Sparkler
- 1 part Courvoisier® Rosé
- 1 part Thatcher’s™ Organic Blueberry Liqueur
- 3 parts Champagne
- Cherries and blueberries for garnish
Shake first two ingredients and strain into chilled Champagne flute. Top with Champagne. Garnish with blueberries and a cherry dropped in.