I’m in the process of making dinner–broiled tilapia tacos and I had to stop to jot down this recipe so I don’t forget it. I’m sharing it with you because I love you…and I regularly use my own site to find food I’ve made in the past.
But I love you.
That’s what’s important.
Best salsa thing I’ve ever eaten.
|Mango Tomato Pico de Gallo||
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 jalapeño–diced, membranes and seeds removed*
- 1 large clove of garlic–passed through garlic press
- 1 lime–zested and juiced
- 1 medium purple onion–diced
- 1 large tomato–seeded and diced
- Big handful of fresh cilantro
- 2-3 orange and red SWEET peppers–diced*
- ~1 tsp kosher salt
- Dice all of the fruit and vegetables until they’re about 1/4″.*
- Go crazy on the cilantro with your chef’s knife until the cilantro is very fine.
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Press the garlic.
- Toss everything into a bowl.
- Add the kosher salt, to taste–I hardly ever measure anything.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it hang out in your fridge for ~15 minutes. If you can wait that long.
Keep the seeds and membranes of the jalapeño if you’re wanting more of a kick.
If you’re lazy–like me–and/or in a hurry, buy the prediced tomatoes and onions.
You can find these small, sweet peppers in the produce section of just about any grocery store. Target and Walmart have them pre-bagged.